Philea Home ♥
So, on Saturday, 17th April 2010,
We (Interact Club SMKTTDI) visited Philea Home, it's an orphanage btw :)
Gosh, honestly.. it was good, great fun.
And the after feeling of knowing you made these lil ones smile.. was enough to brighten my entire day.
But firstly, I wanna give a big clap to my Assistant Community Service Director,
Celine Tan Yi Ping.. You did a fantastic job on this trip :D
Good job girl!
Back to where I was, the preparation started on Friday night.
Seriously, thank God for Tesco.
Had to buy RM120 worth of junk food.
Was pretty anxious that the money wasn't enough for 30 kids.
BUT, God is great isn't He?
Tesco was having an offer which was 2 JUMBO packs of junk food for RM5.
And each JUMBO pack had 10 mini packets.
That's like 20 mini packets for RM5! CRAZY.
Feeling super ecstatic, mummy and me loaded the trolley with JUNK.
Hahah, got some pretty awkward stares from people though.
I ♥ Mummy
Saturday morning, got to school :D
Thank you Form 2 girls for helping me carry the stuff.
You girls are the best!
Rocked out in Kar Kei's sexy car!
You can literally live in her car la. It's hugeeee!
Boarded the bus around 8.30am?
So sang loads of songs with my lovelies.
Went pretty crazy with the singing-out-of-tune-on-purpose.
We stopped for breakfast in some random mamak shop around 9.30 I think?
Was pretty funny thoo!
Amy: Uncle! Nak order!
Uncle: WAIT WAIT!
Everybody: *hahahahhaha*
Amy: Mummmyyy!
*some other uncle comes to take our order*
Amy: *shows her hand* I don't want to talk to you ANYMORE.
Lol, Amy rocks :D
So I think we reached the orphanage around 10.20 or 10.15am.
Wasn't too sure.
Well, wamred up to the kids pretty fast.
I love kids, I really do.
Which is why Child Development is one of the courses I might be looking into.
The kids were greaaat. Tho there was a little bit of a communication barrier as most of em spoke Tamil and a lil bit of English.
But really, the kids were just.. WOW.
I mean, like yeah. They don't look like your average kids that you see everyday.
I mistook a lot of the 12 year olds as 9 year olds because they aren't as fortunate as us to have great food every single day.
It really was an eye opener.
I mean, a lot of people maybe surprised to hear this.. but this was my first time.
I've been to other orpahanges with my mum but never with Interact.
HOHO, big surprise coming from the Community Service Director, everybody.
It really was so hard to say goodbye.
Especially after the 4 kids I got attached to (they have super long names), came up to me and stuck their name tags on me. And they took mine as well.
I did NOT want to leave at all. 2 hours was not enough.
But yeah, all good things come to an end right?
Hopefully, we're gonna help them in 2 months time as they are moving to a better house.
Which is great! They really do need a better house.
Overall, Philea Home was great.
Fellow Interactors who didn't go this time.. Go for the next one. It's AMAZING. :D
Anyway, PICTURES. Credits to Melissa Lim Jia Wen :)




We (Interact Club SMKTTDI) visited Philea Home, it's an orphanage btw :)
Gosh, honestly.. it was good, great fun.
And the after feeling of knowing you made these lil ones smile.. was enough to brighten my entire day.
But firstly, I wanna give a big clap to my Assistant Community Service Director,
Celine Tan Yi Ping.. You did a fantastic job on this trip :D
Good job girl!
Back to where I was, the preparation started on Friday night.
Seriously, thank God for Tesco.
Had to buy RM120 worth of junk food.
Was pretty anxious that the money wasn't enough for 30 kids.
BUT, God is great isn't He?
Tesco was having an offer which was 2 JUMBO packs of junk food for RM5.
And each JUMBO pack had 10 mini packets.
That's like 20 mini packets for RM5! CRAZY.
Feeling super ecstatic, mummy and me loaded the trolley with JUNK.
Hahah, got some pretty awkward stares from people though.
I ♥ Mummy
Saturday morning, got to school :D
Thank you Form 2 girls for helping me carry the stuff.
You girls are the best!
Rocked out in Kar Kei's sexy car!
You can literally live in her car la. It's hugeeee!
Boarded the bus around 8.30am?
So sang loads of songs with my lovelies.
Went pretty crazy with the singing-out-of-tune-on-purpose.
We stopped for breakfast in some random mamak shop around 9.30 I think?
Was pretty funny thoo!
Amy: Uncle! Nak order!
Uncle: WAIT WAIT!
Everybody: *hahahahhaha*
Amy: Mummmyyy!
*some other uncle comes to take our order*
Amy: *shows her hand* I don't want to talk to you ANYMORE.
Lol, Amy rocks :D
So I think we reached the orphanage around 10.20 or 10.15am.
Wasn't too sure.
Well, wamred up to the kids pretty fast.
I love kids, I really do.
Which is why Child Development is one of the courses I might be looking into.
The kids were greaaat. Tho there was a little bit of a communication barrier as most of em spoke Tamil and a lil bit of English.
But really, the kids were just.. WOW.
I mean, like yeah. They don't look like your average kids that you see everyday.
I mistook a lot of the 12 year olds as 9 year olds because they aren't as fortunate as us to have great food every single day.
It really was an eye opener.
I mean, a lot of people maybe surprised to hear this.. but this was my first time.
I've been to other orpahanges with my mum but never with Interact.
HOHO, big surprise coming from the Community Service Director, everybody.
It really was so hard to say goodbye.
Especially after the 4 kids I got attached to (they have super long names), came up to me and stuck their name tags on me. And they took mine as well.
I did NOT want to leave at all. 2 hours was not enough.
But yeah, all good things come to an end right?
Hopefully, we're gonna help them in 2 months time as they are moving to a better house.
Which is great! They really do need a better house.
Overall, Philea Home was great.
Fellow Interactors who didn't go this time.. Go for the next one. It's AMAZING. :D
Anyway, PICTURES. Credits to Melissa Lim Jia Wen :)









0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home