Thursday, December 11, 2008

mothermother.

despite the holidays being an absolute bore,
I just realised that I have been spending a lot of time with mommy dearest.
and through all these,
I have actually came up with a new respect and appreciation for my mom.
despite all that she`s been through. losing a husband she loves dearly,
she has been the whole family`s pillar of strength.
imagine having to take up the role of a father AND mother.
she now has to handle the bills, cook my meals, support the family and every role both parents play.
she earns extra money just so I can satisfy my female interests (shopping),
she earns money for 3 educations.
she tolerates my constant mood swings and arguing with my brothers and most of the time she doesn`t have to energy to argue or lecture me when I don`t help around the house or do as she says. which leaves me feeling guilty most of the time.

she does loads of other wonderful things,
more than I could write.
my mother is my superwoman. my hero.

and despite how mothers can get on your nerves at times,
I know shes just trying to be the best she can be.

thanks mommy. i love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home